Hope your having a fab day? Yes i know you are 😉.
Im showing you guys how to deal with shrinkage!! Yaay! Yes!… If you think your hair aint growing girl try stretching it with african threading and you’l be woowed!!We all know how natural hair shrinks especially type 4 hair. My hair is no exception. Im a type 4C and I have about 90% shrinkage if im correct. I’v dealt with my shrinkage for so long even though i love it as its a sign of healthy hair, I just wanted Something different, to see my hair lenght and to stretch it out. I thought of using a blow dryer or heat straigthener but NO NO!! My hair is color treated and I can’t risk any damaging procedure.
Suddenly I remembered my little cousin, shes natural too and whenever she takes out her threading, her hair is always stretched out and full. Wow!!! Then I thought to myself, yes thats the answer and I tried it. 😉
- Do not thread too tight to your scalp, make sure its fluffy around the roots.
- Dont thread on wet hair, so it wouldnt be wet on take down and your hair would shrink back to square one 😁😣
- Detangle before threading.
- I used wool. (You can use african thread rope, ribbon, sewing threading, tiny rubber bands. For banding/wrapping.
- Detangling combs
- Kinky curly Knot Today Detangler/Leave-in conditioner
- It was after my wash day so i’v done all the do-ables (wash, Deep conditioned, tea rinse, conditioned, hot oil treatment) so my hair was not too wet or too damp.
- I appled my leave in conditioner, and finger detangled my whole head gently.
- Then i started parting it from the back. Took a section, detangled it, and started threading (practically wrapping the thread around your hair till you get to the tip, then you tie it to secure it). If you didnt get the technique check it out African threading Technique . You can leave spaces during threading if you like, but for maximum stretch dont leave too much space while threading a bunch.
- I reapeated it till i was done with my whole head, you can do smaller sections if your taking it out. But i didnt carry it out like this, I covered with a scarf some days and also wigs.
- Dry overnight. It stayed for 3days then I took it out.
RESULT: Dang!!!! All stretched out and im like 😳is this my hair???? I didnt even have to combbb it I mean it was soo soft and smooth like air 😍
I finally got the chance to pack a puff 😄 (the shrinkage struggle is real o)
Other methods of stretching natural hair are:
- Rod sets
- Hope you enjoyed this post? Have you tried African thread or other methods for stretching?? Lets know you view in the comment section. Thanks!
Dont forget to comment, Like, follow and share.
Please Subscribe to my BBM Channel HERE