Hi loves! I’m back again!!! Yaay! Lol.
OMG! it’s so dry out there cus of harmattan/ winter season, where you find yourself scratching your scalp like crazy. If you have an itchy, dry scalp, scalp exfoliation can help remove dirt and debris that irritate the scalp. Not only that!! It will also help stimulate proper blood circulation. A healthy, refreshed scalp with good blood circulation provides the best environment for healthy hair growth. Check out these benefits of scalp exfoliation below and learn why exfoliation of the scalp is important for maintaining healthy hair growth. Remember, “Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp.”
Why You Should Try It
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Stimulates scalp circulation to promote hair growth.
- Unclogs hair follicles.
- Fights dandruff.
- Improves scalp circulation
- Prevents Hair Loss.
- Unclogs pores by removing product buildup.
- Can relieve irritated and itchy scalps caused by different scalp conditions.
- Clarifies the scalp.
There are hair care products that cater to scalp exfoliation, many scalp exfoliates are pricy and can be even more expensive if you go to a salon for this service. There are many clarifying shampoo formulas on the market to cleanse your hair and scalp, but to exfoliate your scalp you may need a lot more to remove all those dead skin cells properly. The best part of a scalp exfoliation is how simple and cheap it can be. Just raid your kitchen cupboards and save your money.
- Honey + Olive Oil & Sugar
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- 1/4 cup of white or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Conditioner
- 5 drops of eucalyptus oil (optional)
- 5 drops of Lemon Oil (optional)
- Combine these ingredients in a small bowl.
- Wet hair with warm water.
- Section Hair for easy application.
- Apply to your scalp with your fingertips. (It can get really messy, do this in the bath tub)
- Apply a dime size conditioner.
- Massage in circular motions for about three minutes. Use moderate pressure when scrubbing to effectively remove the dead and dry skin. Scrub along the hairline as well as the middle and back of head to effectively reach all parts of the scalp. Pay special attention to any particularly dry or itchy parts of the scalp.
- Repeat all over head.
- Rinse the mixture out.
- Condition as usual.
2. Olive Oil + Brown Sugar/White Sugar (Recommended)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup brown/White sugar
Combine both ingredients into a bowl and massage into your scalp with your fingertips for about three minutes prior to cleansing your hair. Rinse, cleanse, and condition as usual
3. Favorite Hair Conditioner + Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup favorite hair conditioner
- ¼ cup brown sugar
Combine ingredients in a bowl and massage it into your scalp with your fingertips for about three minutes prior to cleansing your tresses. Rinse, cleanse, and condition as usual.
4. Clarifying Shampoo + Cornmeal & Essential Oil
- Clarifying shampoo
- Cornmeal or ground almonds
- Peppermint oil or tea tree oil
Mix equal parts of a mild exfoliate like cornmeal or ground almonds. Add a few drops of an essential oil like peppermint to stimulate the blood or tea tree oil, which is a natural antiseptic. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and massage the mixture into your scalp for three minutes using only your fingertips. Rinse and condition.
Do you exfoliate your scalp? What’s your favorite scrub?
To buy Natural hair products, tools in Nigeria and for more hair tips click HERE
Kindly Follow kinkyNigerianCurls On InstagramHERE