When I heard of this treatment I was like “hmmm nahhh” but wait! Hold up! Surprisingly It works!!! How? Onions have rich sulfur content in them. Onion juices when applied on the scalp can improve the blood circulation to the scalp. Sulfur also improves the production of collagen tissues which is necessary for the growth of hair. Hair grows from the hair follicles in the scalp and increased blood supply to the scalp brings better nutrients and nourishment to the follicles and promotes hair growth. This is great for people trying to grow out bald patches or receding hairline. Onion juice contains enzyme catalase,an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying for some people.
The sulfur content in the juice also has anti-bacterial properties and prevents the growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp that contributes to hair loss. Onion juice increases the strength of the hair and prevents thinning and breakage. You can achieve improved volume to your hair by regularly applying the onion juice on the scalp.
It is completely safe to use onion for preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth as onion helps in hair growth without any side effects or causing allergies.
How To Make Onion Juice For Hair Growth
- Peel the required number of onions according to the length of your hair and chop them into small pieces.
- Put chopped onions in a blender, juicer or grater and blend to form a paste.
- Extract the juice using a sieve or clean cotton cloth.(Do Not skip this step else the onion fiber will get stuck in your hair)
- Add few drops of Essential Oil (optional). I used Neem & Ginger Essential Oil, great growth stimulants.
- On freshly cleansed hair, apply onion juice all over your scalp with finger tips and massage it in.
- Cover with a processing cap and leave in for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Continue your normal wash process.
Have You Tried Onion Juice Treatment? Let Me Know.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE
**To buy Natural hair products, tools in Nigeria and for more hair tips clickHERE
Kindly Follow kinkyNigerianCurls On Instagram HERE