Introducing the best way to deep condition your natural hair to reap a lot of nourishments. I came up with this method about a year ago and I have been using it every wash day and I must say this has been one of the secrets to my healthy scalp and growth. I mean healthy hair, Fast growth starts from a healthy scalp/follicle. Sit back and watch me do my thing *wink*
WHAT IS THE ODC HEAT TREATMENT
The ODC HEAT TREATMENT comprises of two treatments in one, the hot oil scalp treatment and Deep conditioning treatment.
“O” for Oil
“DC” for Deep Conditioning
You are probably wondering how to apply the ODC HEAT treatment, and also how often you should do them. It is a personal preference on how often to practice it, but I do them weekly or bi weekly especially in the harmattan/winter months. You don’t need to heat your oil before applying to your scalp because you will be using a heat cap or heat source, but if you choose to that’s fine.
- Get your favorite oil into an applicator bottle, I use my oil mix/ Growth oil or a single oil.
- On freshly washed hair (must be freshly washed or clean!) To remove any dirt that will prevent optimal absorption.
- Apply the oil to the scalp ALONE! Massage into the scalp for 5-10 minutes. Get your favorite deep conditioner (can be a protein or moisture DC or both), Apply to your hair strands ALONE!! Note: Do not apply your deep conditioner to your scalp, it will clog the pores and cause build up, any subsequent product (be it growth oil or any stuff you put after will be useless or less effective cus it’s going NOWHERE ) Place a processing cap then a heat cap over your head for about 15 minutes. Allow all the goodness of whatever oil or DC you use to absorb into your scalp, follicles and shaft. Then Rinse off with cool water. Moisturize, I use the LCO method. No heat cap method: Massage the oil into your scalp for 10 minutes to generate heat and penetrate the pores and follicles effectively, apply the deep conditioner to your hair strands then cover with a plastic shower cap for 20-30 minutes, allow the heat of your body to work the oil and D.C. Then rinse off with cool water BENEFITS OF THE ODC HEAT TREATMENT
- Hair grows through the hair follicles, THE ODC HEAT Treatment helps to activate, strengthen and nourish the hair follicles thus sprouting out healthy strong hair
- Increase blood circulation to the scalp. The heat/massage increases the blood circulation to the scalp thereby invigorating the growth process.
- Prevents dryness and dandruff from occurring on the scalp.
- Improves the elasticity of your hair to prevent breakage.
- Deep conditioning your hair helps to smooth the shaft of your hair and allows you to gain back the natural shine in your hair.
- Moisture is the key to healthy hair. If you suffer from dry scalp and dandruff, THE ODC HEAT treatment can assist in that department.
- Helps bring brittle dry hair back to life and prevent split ends.
- Reap full benefits of whatever oil or deep conditioner you use.
- Help prevent your deep conditioner from touching your scalp.WHEN TO APPLY THE ODC HEAT TREATMENT
It is best to apply the treatment after you have washed your hair. You don’t want to apply it to dirty hair because your hair will not benefit best. You want to obtain full penetration of the oil onto your scalp and DC on your hair, with dirty hair, the products will just sit on top of your hair. Applying the treatment right after you shampoo is the best time to apply.BEST OILS FOR THE ODC HEAT TREATMENT
- Coconut oil: It conditions, strengthens hair and also reduces dandruff.
- Avocado oil: contains a cocktail of vitamins, amino acids and protein that promotes, strengthens hair and retain much needed moisture.
- Castor oil: Not a penetrating oil but its known to promote hair growth.
- Oil mix: You can combine two or more oils together, I do this most of the time. The more the better.
- Growth oil: This is my favorite to use because it contains a whole lot of growth stimulating oils, herbs and tons of nutrients.
After learning the ODC treatment, will you opt for it on your next wash day? XoXo
KEEP UP WITH ME;
Store: Shop here